From March 12 - 19, 90 Yale alumni and family and friends of alumni traveled to the village of Las Charcas in the Dominican Republic with the Yale Alumni Service Corps. During one week we accomplished a lot! Here is a list of the trip highlights:
* 500 medical patients seen
* a concrete block & stucco house built in 3 days
* the walls of a second house built to 3 block courses
* English taught in the elementary school
* art lessons and 10 murals painted at the school
* music lessons and keyboard taught to the students
* dance lessons and performances for the community by the students
* computer lessons given to dozens of students
* spa facial lessons given with demonstrations using local products
* small business consulting for farmers and local businessmen
* presentations to San Juan university students on business principals
* soccer, basketball and baseball coaching
* over 500 homes visited to distribute information on cholera and dengue...
Join us on a trip in 2012. For trip updates, visit www.yaleservicetours.org.